Event sourcing in practice Elixir Phoenix CQRS/ES Event sourcing
Presented on Mar 28, 2019
Talk given at Elixir London on March 28th, 2019.
Using Elixir to build event-driven applications.
In this talk I demonstrate how you could apply event sourcing to an Elixir application.
- Practical example of event sourcing in Elixir.
- Where event sourcing can help, or hinder.
Want to learn more?
Building CQRS/ES web applications in Elixir Elixir Phoenix CQRS/ES
Presented on Mar 23, 2017
Command Query Responsibility Segregation and event sourcing (CQRS/ES) has established itself within the .NET community thanks to advocates such as Greg Young and Udi Dahan.
I propose that functional languages, such as Elixir, are well suited and deserve your attention. Let me demonstrate why.
In this talk you will discover how to build applications following domain-driven design, using the CQRS/ES pattern with Elixir and Phoenix. I’ll take you through a real-world case study to demonstrate how these principles can be applied.
- Elixir is a dynamic, functional language designed for building scalable and maintainable applications. It leverages the Erlang VM, known for running low-latency, distributed and fault-tolerant systems.
- Phoenix is a productive web framework that does not compromise speed and maintainability.
Presented on Oct 12, 2012
- Any browser. Any host. Any OS.
- Open Source.